03 Jul Challenging Behavior Management
Challenging Behavior Management
Kristina is a 3 year old girl who displays Challenging Behavior.
She is aggressive and restless in class. She would push her classmates and kick their blocks or destroy their work. If she does not get what she wants, she throws a tantrum, throwing herself on the floor, kicking and screaming.
Kristina’s parents say that she is the same at home. She is an only child and uses her tantrums to get what she wants.
Her teacher, Mira, worries that Kristina may harm herself each time Kristina throws a tantrum. Mira also worries about the other children and constantly tries to protect them from Kristina’s aggression. It becomes very difficult for Mira to teach in the class or conduct any activity with Kristina around.
So much so… that Mira is very happy when Kristina does not show up in school on any day!
No teacher/parent likes dealing with a challenging behavior of a child.
However, like Mira, teachers frequently face children with challenging behavior in their classroom.
Challenging behaviors in children are difficult to understand…
- Where the behavior is coming from?
- Why the child is displaying such a behavior?
- How to handle them best without damaging their self-esteem?
With lack of understanding comes conflict between the child and the adult.
If challenging behaviors are not quickly resolved, the behavior escalates into an even more challenging behavior making it even more difficult to resolve.
What can you do about it?
Certificate in Challenging Behavior Management.
The Certificate in Challenging Behavior Management is an Online Course, designed to help you to have a better understanding of how you can address children’s challenging behavior at home or in school positively making you a better parent / teacher.
Through a series of 50 videos, you will:
- Have a good understanding of child development, children’s temperaments and factors that affect their behavior
- Know how to observe, find children’s strengths and promote positive behaviors through various activities
- Understand yourself and how you can work with children’s families towards addressing challenging behaviours
- Plan intervention strategies and implement them strategically to your situation
A Free Preview For You:
I am providing you FREE access to a lesson: ‘What is Challenging Behavior?’ extracted from Module 2 of the course.
Here’s how you can access the lesson and have a free Online Learning Experience:
- Log on to : online.sunshineteacherstraining.id
- Scroll down and click ‘Start Now’ tab under the Free Preview there.
- Fill in your details and log in.
- Once logged in, click the ‘Enroll’ Tab on the top right of the page.
- Choose the Free Preview and enter the access code: PQBU-KCGF
- Start with the video, then complete the assignment.
I hope this will benefit you and look forward to hearing from you.
Sony Vasandani B.Com; M.Ed